Our practice is designed to cover your family’s needs, at whatever stage of life. Your family can get pediatric care for young children and internal medicine for adults and seniors. At Blackshear Family Practice, formerly known as Georgia Physicians South, you’ll find caring, qualified doctors and staff to care for you and your family every step of the way.
We provide uncompromising treatment to patients suffering from chronic illness such as hypertension, diabetes and hyperlipidemia (often leading to cardiovascular disease as well as kidney and eye problems). As part of our comprehensive treatment, we work closely with physicians specializing in coronary artery disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), chronic renal failure, and cancer. We value quality of life for our patients and promote strategic goals for maintaining it. Through routine examinations and regular blood testing, we can often delay (and sometimes prevent) progression of chronic illnesses, allowing patients to live healthier, more fulfilling lives.
Our physicians are proactive when it comes to prevention and encourage a healthy lifestyle. As part of our prevention program, we offer:
- Well visit checkups for both children and adults
- Individual diabetes education classes
- Regular monitoring of lab results for patients suffering from diabetes and hypertension
- Assessment and monitoring of patient medication in efforts to detect early kidney or liver damage which may prevent (or slow the progression of) permanent end-organ damage
We’re proud to have Resident Physicians, Nurse Practitioners and Physician’s Assistants as part of our team here at Blackshear Family Practice. Working in conjunction with our team of Physicians, our entire staff is here to deliver you the highest level of medical knowledge and Southern Hospitality.
About Privia Medical Group
Our practice is a proud member of Privia Medical Group - a physician-led, multi-speciality, national medical group. The nation’s top primary care physicians and specialists came together to form Privia Medical Group and share in the mission of providing better, more coordinated care to patients.
Our group focuses on taking accountability for the health and wellness of the patients we serve. We use some of the latest advances in medicine to help our patients remain healthy and better manage disease by offering our patients access to innovative health management technologies, proactive team-based care, and an evidenced-based, patient-centered approach.
Here’s what sets Privia Medical Group apart from traditional practices:
- Nationally recognized top physicians and healthcare professionals
- Physician-led, high-performance medical group
- Unhurried, comprehensive visits, with time to develop the right care plan
- Personalized care that exceeds your expectations
- Collaborative, team-based medical group
- Staffed with Health Coaches, Nurse Educators, Pharmacists, and Care Managers
- Same-day/next-day appointments available
- Care reminders and alerts
- Check ins with clinical experts between your office visits
- Book appointments and renew prescriptions online
- Send and receive secure messages with your care team
- Secure access to electronic medical records
- Pay your invoices by credit card, securely and conveniently
Security and Privacy of Patient Information
We work diligently to ensure our patients’ information remains confidential and secure.
Not only is our team trained in modern privacy standards (such as HIPAA and PCI compliance), but we also keep your information secure with Secure Socket Layer (SSL) data encryption, firewalls, secure servers (including 24/7 surveillance and biometric access), and many more measures to ensure your information won’t fall into the wrong hands.
To learn more about Privia Medical Group and find other Privia doctors, please visit our website.